The production line of CATL is exposed! Why it was scrambled for Volkswagen, BMW or Mercedes-Benz?!￼
Follow me on:
Dreams are the guiding lights of life. The CATL has always been the guiding light of the lithium battery industry, including ZESHENG, which focuses on producing and supplying NMP solvents for lithium battery materials.Everyone has a dream that the world will live up to every effort. Even ZESHENG, which produces NMP (N-Methyl Pyrrolidone), a small solvent in lithium electrode materials, hopes to reach the peak in cooperation with more leading enterprises.To get back to the topic ,let’s follow the editor of ZESHENG today to find out why CATL’s battery cores are being scrambled for famous car brand such as Volkswagen, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz!
NO.1 Stirring process
The NO.1 process of battery production is stirring. The quality control of this process directly affects the quality of the battery and the pass rate of the finished product.If you check the previous articles in ZESHENG Web,you will find that our NMPsolvent is also involved in this work. As the solvent of PVDF, NMP (N-Methyl Pyrrolidone) participates in the dispersion of the slurry, which helps to form a uniform medium and can keep the adhesive stable for a long time in the viscosity range. Therefore, it has a great influence on the quality of the battery and the qualified rate of finished products.
At the same time, dust is also deadly to the mixing workshop. If the control is not strict, it will have a significant impact on the consistency of the battery. In the battery production workshop of CATL, the control of dust is comparable to that of pharmaceuticals. This is the same for ZESHENG’s NMP production workshop, which strictly controls the NMP production environment. Therefore, Nomatter it is pharmaceutical-grade purity or electronic-grade purity, ZESHENG can provide.
NO.2 Coating process
The coating process is to apply the stirred slurry evenly under the 4,000-metre-long copper foil at a speed of 80 meters per minute. But the copper foil before coating is only 6 microns thick, and “thin as cicada wings” is a good interpretation of it. An important part of the coating process is to ensure that the thickness and weight of the pole are consistent, otherwise it will also affect the consistency of the battery. At meantime, the control of particles, debris and dust are also quite strict. Otherwise, the mixing of these tiny substances into the poles will directly cause the battery to discharge too quickly, resulting in potential safety hazards.
The NMP solvent produced and supplied by ZESHENG also acts on the coating stage: NMP (N-Methyl Pyrrolidone) solvent, as the primary liquid carrier of the slurry, can evenly coat the slurry on the necessary metal substrates in the process at a stable thickness, which can It makes the metal substrate very humid and fluid. This point was also mentioned in the last uncovered article.
The next step is the cell production process of CATL (There may be errors and omissions in the article. Please understand. If you think there are any inappropriate views, welcome to put forward):
- Cold pressing and pre-slitting: as the name implies, the negative material on copper foil is pressed in the slicing;
- Ear ear die-cutting and striping: make small ears with positive and negative poles on the battery. This ear is not the other ear. The polar ear refers to the metal conductor that draws out the positive and negative electrodes in the cell, which is the contacted point when charging and discharging; the polar ear mould cutting process is the conductive ear used to form a cell with a die-cutting machine; and the stripping process is to cut the battery electrodes through a cutting knife.
- Winding process: complete the prototype of the cell; the positive electrode, negative electrode and isolation film of the battery are combined into bare cells in a winding manner.
- Baking and liquid injection: in this channel, it is to remove moisture and inject electrolyte;
- Forming process:: the process of cell activation is to activate the cell after injection. After activating the performance of the cell, it will also go through a series of “medical examination processes” such as X-ray monitoring, insulation monitoring, welding monitoring and capacity testing. Even this process also includes the second perfusion electrolyte, weighing, injection port welding, air tightness detection and other links after activating the cell to ensure the performance of the battery.
To produce batteries, it is not only necessary to produce cells through the above multiple processes, but also to produce battery modules and battery packs through more and more complex processes. After completion, battery packs need to go through layers of “survival challenges”. For example, the 590-degree-Cius fire test, the vibration test for 21 consecutive hours, the impact test with acceleration reaching 100G, the extrusion test closer to the real accident (the extrusion pressure applied by CATL is 10 tons, close to the extrusion pressure of a 12-metre bus), etc.
Why are CATL’s cells and batteries robbed by multiple car brands?! That’s why the complex and diverse processes and strict testing process are all responsible for quality and quality.In the new energy outlet industry, many people want to get a piece of the pie in, but how many people leave the industry. Since it has been founded in 2014, with high speed development, because of a down-to-earth and stable factory team and rich experienced engineers from Zesheng, which is moving forward to the front line to strictly control the quality barrier for our NMP (N-Methyl Pyrrolidone) solvents. Therefore, CATL is our street lamp and the altitude we want to climb in the future. Looking forward to ZESHENG’s future journey, we can also have your figure: strong alliance, and more power to climb the peak!